Renewable Energy Projects
Learn More About Renewable Energy | Projects | Tips | Reviews | Breaking News
Full Design & Installation Available For Solar Hot Water | Wind Turbines | Solar Panels | Micro Hydro | Off-Grid Power
Contact Andy Now For A Free, Friendly Quote or Chat On UK - 07504 50 50 89

I worked from home on monday and tuesday. I heard a truck in the driveway.
went out and was an older gentleman and his wife. They had heard I had a
wind generator and wanted to see it. Good thing I was home because he was
looking for a big one, I pointed to it we talked for 20 minutes or so.

THere are a lot of people really ticked at our electric coop. They bought
a small peaking plant just across the state line that sold out. Then they
raised our rates basically about 15% to cover the cost.

For this area we are probably the most expensive electricity in 50 mile
radius or more. NOt nearly as expensive as other parts of the country but
it still works out to real world number in the 14-17c/kwh assuming one
uses at least 200-300 kwh/month.

He came looking because he has two houses and his bill jumped to
$700/month. well even simple head math says he is going to have to do a
lot of changes to get down to where he can even think about going
renewable. Even at the cheapest enerstar rates that would have to be
3000 to 4000 kwh/month. He wasnt oblivious to what he needed to do, he had
converted to CF's, power stripped everything he coule but still not
putting a dent in it. I gave him some suggestions and my latest copy of
Home POwer and told him to feel free to stop by if he wanted to talk.

Wish I would have gotten his number or rememberd his name. he has electric
water heater and electric dryer. I'm sure those are a large percentage of
his bill, even wondered if maybe he had an element out in his water heater
causing the other to run near continuous and never quite getting things up
to temp. But I will have to hope maybe he stops by againl.

I'd like to at least try to talk through what might be the pig in his
house.

The real kicker is, we have corn uin the field this year so no one can see
us from the road. Its a small town but its a relatively small set of folks
that know and comprehend what I have power wise. He didnt tell me who
pointed him to me, I'd be curious.

If I thought I could make a living providing moral support for folks in
his boat, I might not mind doing it, but I am guessing my bills are still
a little too high to cut the cord to full time employment.

boy how is that for a ramble on a wednesday night.

bob
marshall, il
q

__._,_.___

To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:
12VDC_Power-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Please don't email the entire list with your unsub request. TNX

Recent Activity

·          24

Visit Your Group

Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.


__,_._,___

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment