Renewable Energy Projects
Learn More About Renewable Energy | Projects | Tips | Reviews | Breaking News
Full Design & Installation Available For Solar Hot Water | Wind Turbines | Solar Panels | Micro Hydro | Off-Grid Power
Contact Andy Now For A Free, Friendly Quote or Chat On UK - 07504 50 50 89

First I was a little bummed out. Dropped in to see my buddy and asked
him about the pump. When he tried to find it, all he could find was an
old hand diafram(?) pump. Then as we're sitting there having coffee,
he mentions an older guy up the road had just had a yard sale, in
which he had a couple of different pumps left on the last day, so he
may still have them. So I take a drive up to meet the guy and see what
he had left... and there it was, an old piston pump, with 1/6th hp
110v motor already hooked up... with a short pipe plus foot valve on
it... 25$

Water problem solved for now just like that...

Then, I stop off at another buddies place and he mentions his brother
is living on the back of their property with no grid connection, but
has power, so I take a drive around to his place. Three little solar
panels hooked to an old car battery power his lights, radio (car
radio/tape player) and water pump. The water pump is a jet pump, so I
was a little surprised. I asked what the motor was on it, and he got a
funny look on his face and said, uhm... I'm not really sure, I kept
rebuilding and rewinding it until it did what I wanted. When I had
first got there, he had been outside welding up a little trailer for
his four-wheeler using a home built gas generator/welder. Next time we
head out, I am bring along some of the plans for the windmills and
such that I have been collecting up. He has the skills, and shortly
will have the info he needs to get off gas totally, and along the way,
help me out...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment