Renewable Energy Projects
Learn More About Renewable Energy | Projects | Tips | Reviews | Breaking News
Full Design & Installation Available For Solar Hot Water | Wind Turbines | Solar Panels | Micro Hydro | Off-Grid Power
Contact Andy Now For A Free, Friendly Quote or Chat On UK - 07504 50 50 89

I have an article written by Mick Sagrillo that I saved in Word format
that I would send you if you want. It is too large to post as a message.
In his article he lists a bunch of things that kill birds and
windturbines are further down than #7 on the list. I also read that the
Exxon Valdez killed more birds in a single instance than the Altamont
Pass windfarm, long touted as the deadliest windfarm to birds, could
kill in 100 years. I am sure I saved that article also but can't find
it now. I did just read another article where they claimed it would
take 400 years for the Altamont farm to equal the Valdez spill but that
may be more biased. I'm sure everyone realizes that Valdez is not the
only spill to occur in the world and in fact spills happen far more
frequently than is reported. Each spill kills birds.
Add to that the fact that power generated by windmills replaces power
derived from more toxic means thus reducing the toxins introduced into
the birds environment as well as ours.
As I understand it, Altamont is replacing older smaller faster turning
turbines with larger slower moving turbines and the birds seem to be
having an easier time avoiding these.
Bottom line for me is when we stop using oil completely and eliminate
the other 7 things that kill birds I will be happy to start worrying
about windmills.
I could post the article to the files section if there is enough
interest. I am not sure how copyright laws work in this instance.

__________________________________________________
D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
http://www.doteasy.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment