Renewable Energy Projects
Learn More About Renewable Energy | Projects | Tips | Reviews | Breaking News
Full Design & Installation Available For Solar Hot Water | Wind Turbines | Solar Panels | Micro Hydro | Off-Grid Power
Contact Andy Now For A Free, Friendly Quote or Chat On UK - 07504 50 50 89

One thing I learned while researching building my own wind generators is that most of the motors that people are selling on Ebay as Wind generator motors in most cases dont create enough voltage to do much of anything. Most are simple 12V@3000rpm and to get that much wind most likely your blades wont hold up. your average commercial ceiling fan runs at about 300rpm and with your average wind of lets say 3-6mph you will never be able to turn 3000 rpm. So I cheated.

 

I did a search on Ebay for 180V DC motor

that was my search. I didnt add wind generator or permanant magnet motor, When you do that y ou get every Tom, Dick and Harry that thinks any motor will work. and are trying to rip off people who dont know better. I searched and found a guy locally here in Phoenix who had 3 motors for sale and when I looked at the picture of the label that all motors had it listed type as PM or Permanant Magnet Motor. He had 0 bids and the auction was about to close I emailed him and told him I was interested in the motors and would buy them from him for $75 each. He had the starting bid at $80. He told me to bid on Ebay, but I know there are alot of people who have multiple accounts so they can jack up thier own prices. I also told him I was in Phoenix and could pay cash and pick them up to save shipping, Ebay fees and the hassle. Well an hour after the auction closed he called me. And I went and picked them up. at roughly 300 rpm I generate 18V and 4 amps. This is perfect for charging 12 V batteries, and with this motor once it start spinning it will be able to handle a load and still fully charge the batteries 24 or 36 volt and if I still need more I have another motor just waiting.

2 motors $75 each

Hubs from a guy on Ebay who made them to fit the 14MM keyed -$40 each

blade kits off Ebay- $75 each X air 60"

Then I mounted them usings 1/4" plate steel- 1/2" pipe off that to the rear for the directional wing

 

I am going to be mounting them at my property using 4" square tubing 60' high mounted to a hinged plate at the bottom and a concrete footing that is 5' deep and 18" across with rebar reinforcements. My trailer has a 10000lb winch mounted on it and I can just pull it up with that, One thing I have learned is that you can get everything you need to be off grid and not have to spend 10K to do it. But when someone is trying to sell you products they are all about making money so they call it Green and jack the price up 10X or more for the same thing without the green label. I also found MSW inverters made in the Us for only $375 3000/6000 with all the remotes, and other features

 

 

 
__________________________________________________
D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
http://www.doteasy.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment