Renewable Energy Projects
Learn More About Renewable Energy | Projects | Tips | Reviews | Breaking News
Full Design & Installation Available For Solar Hot Water | Wind Turbines | Solar Panels | Micro Hydro | Off-Grid Power
Contact Andy Now For A Free, Friendly Quote or Chat On UK - 07504 50 50 89

I have spent the past several minutes looking over the links, etc.. and
I'm so glad to have found this group! I live in Middle Tennessee
(Coffee County), and I'm wanting to build a totally stand-alone solar
home and (hopefully) screen print shop. At present, all I have on our
family's land is a camper trailer. The septic tank's been there since
1999, so all I need to do now is get the well drilled, and whatever
permits I need from the codes people in Manchester (they don't give a
rat's behind what I build as long as they get "their" money, LOL!).

What I know I'll need power for are, about six flourescent light
bulbs, my Compaq Presario and Monitor, Epson 88C printer, HP flatbed
scanner, a small TV, and am thinking of just getting a propane
refrigerator and cookstove, and probably a propane "on-demand" hot
water heater. Most likely, I'll have a separate system for the Sure-Flo
well pump I want. I have a wood stove up there already, though I've got
to get it covered up. It's been sitting out in the weather all winter.
Don't want it to rust away on me!

Later, I want to build a small screen print shop. Of course I'll
have to use water-based Speedball textile ink, but will need to use a
regular laundry iron to "cure" the ink once I screen the shirts. Will
also need power for my exposure unit.

Basically, that's about all I'll need to start off with. This is
totally new territory for us. My oldest boy who'll be 18 in January
hates the idea, lol! He thinks I'm crazy, but I tell him I'm just plain
sick and tired fo paying out the nose for utilities, and this is the
best way out for us. I also want to raise our own food, and have
chickens, etc.. We cannot do that here in town. I could really use your
advice and suggestions!


__________________________________________________
D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
http://www.doteasy.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment