Renewable Energy Projects
Learn More About Renewable Energy | Projects | Tips | Reviews | Breaking News
Full Design & Installation Available For Solar Hot Water | Wind Turbines | Solar Panels | Micro Hydro | Off-Grid Power
Contact Andy Now For A Free, Friendly Quote or Chat On UK - 07504 50 50 89

depending where in the country you are, if you have a "Rural King" they
carry 6v 220a/h golf cart batteries, I think they are made by Exide.

quality wise I dont know how they compare to trojans of equivalent size.
Price wise here in east central illinois they are about $70 a battery
right now, up from 50 2-1/2 years ago.

I wore out my L16's and switched to these batteries.. 2-1/2 years ago with
the intent of going back to L16's when these go kaput. Right now though I
am seriously considering movint the 6 I have out to the garage to serve
as power on a small panel for what little I do out there regularly and
just replacing the 6 I have with a much larger quantity of the rural
Kings. I need about triple the battery capacity for the reserve I want to
have and dont want to wait for these to bite the dust.

Have you had any experience with these off brand
cart(possibly exide)
batteries? The price differnece is such that per a/h it is cheaper than
putting in the L16's. if one can accept having to replace them more often.

 Typically Walmart sells 12v batteries, but they are not golf cart
 batteries, they are RV/Marine batteries. If they are 6v, just wire two
 in series for 12v.
I know Walmart has deep cycle golf cart batteries, but not sure if
they're 6 or 12Volt. Will these work ok on a 12 volt system? If they're
6 volt, how would I wire them for 12?

 I may give the Harbor Freight panels a whirl, and get that Sunguard SG-4
controller from green-trust. Just need to figure out how to wire
everything! With my luck, I'd put the wrong wires together and wind up
looking like Don King! LOL!!
3

__________________________________________________
D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
http://www.doteasy.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment